TikkTokk GUIDING PRINCIPLES
TikkTokk aims to achieve the goal set by its Mission Statement, by:
- maintaining the highest integrity at all times
- hiring only top quality staff
- creating a vibrant incentive driven work environment
- keeping things simple
- maintaining clear focus
- yet paying attention to the detail
- sound financial management
We have chosen a number of quotes to guide us in regard to each of our companies 7 guiding principles:
- To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
- The glue that holds all relationships together -- including the relationship between the leader and the led is trust, and trust is based on integrity.
- Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.
- The greatest homage we can pay to truth is to use it.
- There is no truth existing which I would fear or wish unknown.
|2. Quality Staff
- A company only exists because of its customers but can only flourish because of its staff. <Kevin Ferreira>
- Attitude is 9/10th of everything. <unknown>
- The will to achieve is not something that can be imposed on anyone; that drive must come from within. <unknown>
|3. Work Environment
- When people go to work, they shouldn't have to leave their hearts at home.
- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it.
- So much of what we call management consists in making it difficult for people to work.
- A good manager isn't worried about his own career but rather the careers of those who work for him.
- Simplicity aids focus. <Kevin Ferreira>
- Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy. <Isaac Newton>
- The greatest ideas are the simplest. <William Golding>
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex ..... It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction. <E.F. Schumaker>
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. <Confucius>
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. <Leonardo Davince>
- Like all magnificent things, it's very simple. <Natalie Babbit>
- Nothing is more simple than greatness; indeed, to be simple is to be great. <Ralph Waldo Emerson>
- Things should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. <Albert Einstein>
- There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. <Warren Buffett>
- It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
- My success, part of it certainly, is that I have focused in on a few things.
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
- Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.
- Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.
- Focus is a matter of deciding what things you're not going to do.
- Less is more. <unknown>
|6. Attention to detail
- The devil is in the detail.
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
- Over prepare, and then go with the flow.
|7. Sound Financial management
- Expenses follow profit. Never, never operate on expected profit.
- Expenses grow on their own, sales have to be worked on.
- A financial system that reflects reality, in real-time is an accounting system. If not, it is not.
- No expense is too much, if it is justified.