TikkTokk STAFF GUIDELINES
Each staff member at TikkTokk has both at the time of their employment and ongoing, agreed not only with the Companies Guiding Principles but that their success in the company is even more likely by following the following basic personal principles:
1. Maintaining a positive attitude
2. Excellence by avoiding mediocrity
3. Listening to customers
4. Paying attention to detail
5. Prevention is better than cure
6. Managing upward
For our staff we have chosen a number of sayings to guide us in these regards:
|1. Positive attitude
- If one keeps on trying, then there is no such thing as failure, just earlier attempts at success.
- It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It is the will to prepare to win that matters.
- The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
- They can conquer who believe they can.
- Attitude is 9/10's of everything.
- You should examine yourself daily. If you find faults, you should correct them. When you find none, you should try even harder.
- If you want to catch more fish, use more hooks.
- The single greatest strength; the ability to acknowledge one's own weaknesses.
- Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.
- Activity is not to be confused with achievement.
- Excuses attempt to cloak failure.
- Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
- Stupidity is doing the same thing, over and over, in the same way and expecting a different result.
- Good employees finds reasons 'why', not reasons 'why not'.
- Unless you intend to do it perfectly, don't do it at all.
- To avoid making mistakes is easy. All you have to do is avoid having ideas.
- A good second mate might advise the captain but can always be trusted to carry out orders, for if he does not, no captain is necessary and therefore no ships.
|3. Listen to customers
- The single most important thing to remember about any enterprise is that there are no results inside its walls. The result of a business is a satisfied customer.
- The customer is King.
- The path to success is always clearly explained by the customer and therefore to not listen to the customer, is the clear path to failure.
- There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.
- Customer complaints are the schoolbooks from which we learn.
|4. Attention to detail
- The devil is in the detail.
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
|5. Prevention is better than cure
- Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
- Much time, effort and cost may solve problems, yet simply thinking prevents them.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.
|6. Manage upward
- A manager cannot be better than the people he surrounds himself with.
- At your job, you are paid to be better than your manager. Be far better. Your mutual successes are intertwined.
- Revert to your manager before he needs to remind you; only request assistance, suggest a solution, and report your progress or your success. Never, never make excuses.
- Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
- Screw it, just do it.
back to About Us